VMware Cloud Community
loktang
Contributor
Contributor

ESXi 4.1 vSwtich problem

Got an issue that I've never seen before and am kinda at my wits end on how to solve it. Hopefully someone could've seen and solved it ...

VMServer deployed to host two proxy solutions - one Windows and the other Linux (lets call them win01 & nix02). Both are two legged with one connected to the LAN and the other to the DMZ.Both were working fine after setup (able to ping lan and dmz, services working).

The problem is that recently (without any changes), nix02 started issues where its not able to ping the internet (win01 was ok).

Did the troubleshoot and couldnt see anything wrong with the OS. I took the step to reboot the VMServer and nix02 is able to ping the internet again BUT win01 faced the problem. Did the reboot a couple of times and noticed that only one connection is allowed through at any time. Which ever machine gets it first will be able to get to the internet, and the other is not able to even ping the gateway.

I tried removing and recreating the vSwitch - no go.

Created a 2nd vSwitch and seperating the two machines - no go.

We have 3 other exact same setups in different countries and only this one has this issue.

Any one have any ideas?

thank you

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Just a thought. Did you already check the physical switch? This sounds like port security is enabled on the switch post, restricting the number of allowed MC addresses on it. In case of Cisco make sure you configured "switchport mode access" (as well as spanning-tree protfast). In some switches port security is enforced by a "macro desktop"

André

0 Kudos
loktang
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply - I'll need to get my remote guys to take a look.

Cheers!

0 Kudos