VMware Cloud Community
RParker
Immortal
Immortal

ESX 2.55 / VI 2.5

We have about 6 ESX 2.54/2.52 servers, and everything was working perfect, until today.

One of the ESX 2.54 servers was acting erractically, but the VM's were running fine, they just couldn't connect to the vSwitch for some reason. I tried to reset, reboot the VM's but every VM quit talking to the switch.

So I upgraded to the 2.55 version today. Everything worked fine, upgraded, rebooted, VM's can see the switch, everything is perfect.

But then my VC wasn't showing that the ESX server was connected anymore, despite the fact that I could use the web interface. So now I can't manage it from VC 2.5. Is this normal?

It's not really a big deal, these servers only have about 2 months left, and then they will be migrated, but I just wondered if there was some sort of quick fix or something I missed in the documentation regarding 2.55 and VC 2.5, ALL the other 2.5 servers are working with 2.5, so why not this one after an upgrade. It's just odd.

I can connect to the server fine using the MUI, but just not VI Client 2.5, so was hoping maybe somebody has this same issue. Thanks.

The error is attached. All my ESX 2.5 hosts are addressed by IP address, not by name.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RParker
Immortal
Immortal

OK, so either no one using ESX 2.5 anymore, or no one cares if they connect 2.5 to VC Smiley Happy

0 Kudos