VMware Cloud Community
ilikeitvirtual
Contributor
Contributor

Downloading autodeploy deploy-tftp.zip never completes :-(

Hi all

Is there some kind soul who could shed some light here for me

I am using vCenter 5.0 and have been following the autodeploy setup guide.

I think I have done everything correctly.

I got to the stage of downloading the the deploy-tftp.zip (first I disabled IE Enhanced security) and now the download starts but never completes.

I have tried this on another virtual center as well as using different vSphere clients but I am still havin no luck whatsoever.

The vCenter is the windows based .. I went with defaults for the install.

I just cant seem to figure out why the install just never completes ... it just shows its at 99% and never completes and it appears to be a very small file.

Perhaps somone could just send me the .zip file so I can continue on because I am now nearly at wits end 😞

Thanks a million

D

0 Kudos
3 Replies
edgrigson
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Unfortunatley I can't help but I can sympathise - I'm having exactly the same issue. vCenter5, default install and the download sticks at 99% forever. I've tried searching the vCenter server for the deploy-tftp.zip file with no success. I've worked around my issue by installing AutoDeploy on my production vCenter server (where the download works) and copying the file across to my lab.

Does your vCenter have internet access? I can't think of any reason why that should matter (the file looks to be coming from 127.0.0.1) but it's the most obvious difference between my lab and my production setup.

Regards,

Ed.

0 Kudos
edgrigson
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Aha, it's not quite so simple. The deploy-tftp.zip file contains a file which refers back to the server which generates it. In my case this meant that when I copied the deploy-tftp.zip file from production to my lab it retained the IP of the production vCenter.

It's easily fixed however. Simply unzip the file to the TFTP server directory (as you would regardless) and open the 'tramp' file in WordPad (or similar) - it's a plain text file. Amend the IP to the correct server and save the file and you're done.

regards,

Ed.

0 Kudos
studyvmware
Contributor
Contributor

I ran into the same issue, I was not able to download the file when I open the client in Win 2003 and XP, but I was able to download within 4 sec in Win 2008.

0 Kudos