VMware Cloud Community
NJKwork
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Does patch 2 include patch 1

Hi,

I have been holding off installing VC 2.01 patch 1, and now I see patch 2 is out (which seems more like a SP than a patch considering all the changes and fixes).

Anyway - does patch 2 cover all the problems fixed in patch 1, or do I still need to install patch 1 first and then patch 2.

TIA

SlickBag

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
esiebert7625
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Yes patch2 (40644) includes everything in patch1, it is a full install of Virtual Center. So you can install it either on top of the original download of VC (32042), Patch1 (33642) or by itself as a fresh install of Virtual Center. All 3 downloads are roughly the same file sizes (394MB).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
esiebert7625
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Yes patch2 (40644) includes everything in patch1, it is a full install of Virtual Center. So you can install it either on top of the original download of VC (32042), Patch1 (33642) or by itself as a fresh install of Virtual Center. All 3 downloads are roughly the same file sizes (394MB).

0 Kudos
bretti
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

As esiebert7625 says, patch 2 includes all of patch 1.

You will be better off installing patch 2 directly and skipping patch 1. That way you will only have to let the install upgrade all the host agents one time, instead of two.

acr
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

As mentioned it does, its a full install, either upgrade or install from scratch..

NJKwork
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks to all that replied.

SlickBag

0 Kudos