VMware Cloud Community
rewurzb
Contributor
Contributor

Does deleting vApp also delete VMs contained within?

Based on a previous discussion, I understand that a vApp is bound with a given vCenter Server. So that leads me to a few other questions...

1) Is a given vCenter Server vApp bound to a single hypervisor or can it span multiple hypervisors?

2) If I delete a vApp, do the VMs I've associated with it also get deleted, or are they simply disassociated and show up in some default location?

3) Where can I find good java examples related to creating, modifying, moving, reconfiguring, and deleting vApps at the vCenter Server level using the vSphere SDK?

Ron

0 Kudos
2 Replies
vmroyale
Immortal
Immortal

1) Is a given vCenter Server vApp bound to a single hypervisor or can it span multiple hypervisors?

Yes, the VMs in the vApp can span multiple hypervisors managed by the vCenter Server.

2)  If I delete a vApp, do the VMs I've associated with it also get  deleted, or are they simply disassociated and show up in some default  location?

They will be deleted.

3) Where can I find good java examples related to  creating, modifying, moving, reconfiguring, and deleting vApps at the  vCenter Server level using the vSphere SDK?

Try the vSphere Management SDK community.

Brian Atkinson | vExpert | VMTN Moderator | Author of "VCP5-DCV VMware Certified Professional-Data Center Virtualization on vSphere 5.5 Study Guide: VCP-550" | @vmroyale | http://vmroyale.com
0 Kudos
rewurzb
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the answers and the link.

Ron

0 Kudos