VMware Cloud Community
leogamasouza
Contributor
Contributor

Does anyone have the list of Event Logs for the vCenter 7.0?

Hi all,

I need to send the syslog messages from the vCenter to a TEMS system. Does anyone have the list of Event Logs for the vCenter 7.0?

I would need the format of the messages, with severity, event ID, category, prefix, timestamp and so on.

Thanks in advance.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Your post needs moving so I have reported it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
leogamasouza
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Scott.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I have also reported the "document" post you created, it wasn't needed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
leogamasouza
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Scott,

Why? Could you please elaborate?

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I mean this post: https://communities.vmware.com/t5/VMware-vCenter-Documents/Does-anyone-have-the-list-of-Event-Logs-f...

First, it is a second post on the same topic, which is unnecessary.

Then, you created it as a "document" post when it should be a "discussion" post, as you were not sharing a document, but asking for information.

So, I reported it to moderators of the Communities, they should remove it.

Only this post needs to remain, and if you look at the path above your opening comment you'll see that it has been moved by moderators, because of me reporting it to them.

0 Kudos
leogamasouza
Contributor
Contributor

All right. I understand.

Unfortunately there is no way to delete the article...or am I wrong?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

As the author, you might have an option to do that on the "3 dots" menu to the right:

Screenshot 2022-08-24 at 21.20.37.png

Otherwise it will need a moderator to see that I reported the post, they can archive it.

0 Kudos