VMware Cloud Community
vanberg
Contributor
Contributor

Disable alarm for a specific guest VM

Hello,

We have a guest VM (Centos) that is consitantly alerting on memmory usage. The OS is configured for 256M RAM and run's fine, but ocassionally spikes. This even happens if I give it 2G of RAM. According to our in house linux experts, it is doing exactly what it is supposed to do.

The problem is, that since I have the alarm defined at the DataCenter level, this is always getting tripped. It is the default memmory alarm, set to trigger at 75 and 90 for red. This setting works great for all of our VM's...except the Centos VM.

Is there a way to block just the centos VM from that alarm? Maybe an exclude list? I really do not want move all of my alarms from the deafult if I can.

Thanks,

Eric

0 Kudos
3 Replies
athlon_crazy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

how bout create 2x sub-folder (with & without alarm applied on it) and move your centos VM to subfolder without alarm..

VMware newbie..

Zen Systems Sdn Bhd

www.no-x.org

http://www.no-x.org
vanberg
Contributor
Contributor

Good Idea,

I have thought about that, but I am trying to avoid deleteting and re-creating all of the default alarms.Since these are alarms at the very top level.

There has to be an easier way.

0 Kudos
vanberg
Contributor
Contributor

We have restructured all of our alarms to each cluster. It is working great now.

Thanks for you help!

0 Kudos