VMware Cloud Community
eagleh
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Disable DRS and HA before VC update?

Just curiosity, is it a best practice to diable DRS/HA before update VC from U2 to U3? I had some CPU contention issue after U3. Once I disabled DRS and restarted the VM, problem solved. Thought? It was pretty good before U3. So I thought they might be related. Also, disabling DRS destroyed all resource pools. Would the resource pool be the culprit or DRS?

If you found this information useful, please kindly consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
jayolsen
Expert
Expert

I disabled HA when I did it but not DRS. Then just enabled HA afterwards and didn't have any issues.

0 Kudos
chill
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I didn't disable either and had no issues going to Update 3 (with the exception of Update Manager Smiley Wink)

If you find this information helpful or correct, please consider awarding points.
0 Kudos
eagleh
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

jayolsen, is there any reason why you disabled it before the update? Thanks.

If you found this information useful, please kindly consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!
0 Kudos
jayolsen
Expert
Expert

I had followed a couple threads where some people said after they installed u3 they had to undo HA and set it up again and one person said they had bigger problems than that getting it to work again. I have a small number of clusters so it was pretty easy to uncheck it and redo afterwards. So it was just in case more than anything.

eagleh
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have a feel that it is my Resource Pool caused CPU contention. HA and DRS are still enabled but without RP, problem seems has gone away since.

thanks.

0 Kudos