VMware Cloud Community
DoctorGerry
Contributor
Contributor

Datastore full

Forgive me if I have posted this in the wrong place.....

I have an HP 3Par on which I have a bunch of datastores. One of them has filled up, and my VSphere client is showing this datastore is stuck on 'removing snapshot'. It is stuck at 66% and has been there for most of the weekend. I have added another 500 Gb to the datastore, and then done a 'rescan for datastores', but this datastore is still showing as having 2Mb of free space and the deleting snapshots is still stuck at 66%.

I have very little VSphere\VMWare experience, so I have no idea how to proceed here. I did read somewhere that restarting the VCentre server would help, but I'd like a second opinion before I try that.

Our environment is VSphere 5.1, 3 hosts and an HP 3Par datastore

1 Reply
vHaridas
Expert
Expert

I think you have just added 500GB space to the LUN from storage but didn't expanded the VMFS volume.

Once your rescan process completes go to ESXi host --> Configuration --> Datastore.

Select the Datastore and go to Properties --> Increase

select the existing LUN and follow the wizard to increase datastore size. ( cross check LUN id before increase DS space)

Then watch the snapshot delete process. if you want to abort snapshot delete snapshot process then you can restart vCenter services however that's is not recommended and that would be last option to try.

wait for sometime to get snapshot process complete.

Thanks,

Haridas

Virtual Admin

Please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful" replies. Thanks....!!! https://vprhlabs.blogspot.in/