VMware Cloud Community
pearlyshells
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

DRS Distribution Graph

I am very, very new to DRS. I've enabled DRS in a Cluster that contains about 15 VMs. The DRS Distribution Graph has two parts. The top part called Utlilization percentage. On this graph I see that the CPU bars are at 0-10 and 10-20 while the Memory bars are at 10-20, 20-30, 30-40, and 40-50 and they appear larger at the 10-20 and 20-30 range and are at about 60% high on the scale while at 30-40 and 40-50 they are at about 50% high.

The second graph is labeled Percent of Entitled Resource Delivered and the bars are both at 90-100

What does this mean to me?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

NP - Happy to help - if you found the information helpful do not forget to award points -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

the vertical bars are the number of hosts - so the top graph is hoswing that the majority of your esx hosts are utilizing less than 20% of cpu utilization while memory is utilization is low - the second graph is the importnat in terms of DRS functioning - it is indicating that all host delivering the entitled resources to your vms - if the one of those bars in the bottom graph shifts to left where entitled resources are not being dleivered than DRS will kisk in - check out page 98 of for complete description -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
pearlyshells
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Many, many thanks. I'm still very new to virtualization and VMware. I am now trying DRS and HA but still don't understand it fully. Your information makes it clearer. This is great forum that provides the new person much information by many patient and understanding experts. Thank you again.

0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

NP - Happy to help - if you found the information helpful do not forget to award points -

0 Kudos