VMware Cloud Community
StefanoChiappin
Contributor
Contributor

Converter plugin for Virtualcenter 2.5

Hi all,

I have a VirtuelCenter 2.5 installed on a dedicated server, which manages 2 ESX 3.5 hosts (enterprise license). I also installed the simple VI client on my workstation, and log into VC server to manage hosts and VMs.

Now a strange thing happens: I installed the two VC plugins (converter and update mgr) either using the server client (connected to localhost) or with my workstation client, but the VI client on my workstation crashes when I enable the converter plugin (which shows version 1.0 instead of 4.0 like the client on the server). Which one should I use ? I would prefer the one on my PC, instead of running remote desktop and the client on the server.

Any suggestion ? Thanks. Stefano

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ejward
Expert
Expert

Are you running Vista? I had issues with plugins on a Vista machine. If you search around here, there are other threads started about this problem. To me, it seems that the 2.5 VC client is a lot les stable than the 2.0 client.

0 Kudos
StefanoChiappin
Contributor
Contributor

No, we still don't use Vista at all ! Smiley Wink

The server is a Win2003 SP2 machine, while my workstation WinXP SP2.

But my main concern is: "Where to install plugins ? Where there's the VirtualCenter or where I use the VC client ?". I installed on both, but I don't know if this might cause problems...

Bye, Stefano.

0 Kudos