VMware Cloud Community
AhhhOK
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Convergence Join AD question

1 Virtual Center with 1 External PSC.  Both already upgraded to 6.7 U3.  Looking to Converge.  Both VCSA and PSC are already joined to AD and both already have objects in the Servers OU.

Converge to Embedded process has an option for Skip AD Join or Join AD.  Considering that the VCSA (and PSC) is already joined to AD should I skip? 

Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
jonastro
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hello,

If you skip the option to "join AD" you have to re-join the appliance again to the AD once the convergence process is complete.

I have seen the installer remove the VM from AD during convergence.

Regards,

Jonathan

vSphere Install-Upgrade Support

Please mark the response as correct if my answer has helped you solve the issue

VMware Cloud Foundation
0 Kudos
Vijay2027
Expert
Expert

AFAIK if vCSA is joined to domain, you can use skip AD join option.

0 Kudos
AhhhOK
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Not sure which the right choice is but I did chose to Skip Join AD.  Convergence completed and the VCSA object is still in AD. 

0 Kudos
Vijay2027
Expert
Expert

I've used "Skip AD join" on multiple occasions and never seen an instance where VCSA object removed from AD.

0 Kudos
luismendez85
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi @Vijay2027 

Is there any documentation or way to ensure that VCSA will continue joined to AD after converge?

I have tried a couple of times, one in an test environment with the customer and second one in a lab environment of me and for the first one VCSA have not continue joined to domain and needs to be re joined, In my lab environment when made the converge it has keep the join AD and everything looks good after process complete.

So Im curious about what could be the result by skipping AD Join in the customer production environment

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos