VMware Cloud Community
MattKimler
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Content Library - Cannot create service "%s"

Has anyone seen this error before? I got to create a new Content Library location, and the vCenter errors and states Cannot create service "%s". This type of error also happens if I try to delete an existing Content Library as well.

Any idea which log would have some more information?

Thanks.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
UmeshAhuja
Commander
Commander

Hi,

What exactly you are trying to do ? Can you send the screenshot of the error you are getting if possible ?

Thanks n Regards
Umesh Ahuja

If your query resolved then please consider awarding points by correct or helpful marking.
0 Kudos
MattKimler
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I'm just trying to create or delete a Content Library from the web client.

2016-10-28_12-23-04.jpg

Just the error in the bottom corner keeps coming up every time I attempt to perform the action and then nothing changes.

0 Kudos
UmeshAhuja
Commander
Commander

Hi,

Can you try for me using the below command

dcli com vmware content library item delete

Thanks n Regards
Umesh Ahuja

If your query resolved then please consider awarding points by correct or helpful marking.
0 Kudos
rdonohue
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Did you figure this out? I'm running into the same thing. I'm not able to verify the delete part though because I'm unable to create my first content library.

0 Kudos
crispyire
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Though you may have fixed this as time has gone on, I have just come across the same issue on a client's site.

I logged into the VCSA and noticed that the log mount was 100% full. The log mount being full had stopped the Component Manager services from running.

I opted to increase the space on the VMDK (KB 2126276 VMware Knowledge Base) so I didn't have to delete the log files. I then followed the steps in KB 2147891VMware Knowledge Base to get the Component Manager services running.

Issue fixed and error no longer present. Hope this helps

0 Kudos
msripada
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Can you check this KB if you are on 6.5U1 which is a known issue for content library.

Ensure to take snapshot/backup of the vcenter server

VMware Knowledge Base

Thanks,

MS

0 Kudos