VMware Cloud Community
garybrown
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Consolidator missing from VI Client

Have just installed a new VC 2.5 server and most looks okay but the 'Consolidator' button is missing from my VI Client. Have checked on the VC server and the Capacity Planner Service is running okay - does this service need to run from a special account or is 'local system' good enough ?

Any ideas what else may cause this problem ?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Chiel
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Did you enable the Plugin in Virtual Center?

0 Kudos
garybrown
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks but.......Consolidator is not a plugin....

0 Kudos
Chiel
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Sorry confused with converter.

Try restarting the capacity planner service, restarting the virtual center server service.

Opening a new connection to the VC server.

Else just uninstall and reinstall.

0 Kudos
garybrown
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

hmmm, I'll raise an SR - thanks anyway.

0 Kudos
DigitalVoodoo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Did you ever get this resolved? I have the same problem where the plugin disappeared from the VI client, even though the Capacity Planner service still shows as running on my VC server.

0 Kudos
garybrown
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yes, just got this resolved by removing Capacity Planner, restarting VC service, install Capcity Planner and again restart VC service....

But now I wished I hadn't as Update Manager now no longer works, as I'm likely to use UM more than CP I'm going to remove it and wait for the next release when they may have resolved all these issues...

0 Kudos
MobiusJB
Contributor
Contributor

I just experienced this same issue today. I'm having plenty of trouble with update manager also, so maybe I'll go ahead and try what you have done anyways, thanks for following up with info on that SR.

0 Kudos
garybrown
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have UM working too now - I simply stopped and restarted the UM service and it worked, although I know I tried that earlier to no effect so I'm not touching anything now I have all running okay...!

0 Kudos