VMware Cloud Community
ekrejci
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Consolidation disappeared with my upgrade to VC 2.5 U3

Hello,

I've upgraded our VC 2.5 to u3 and I've noticed that the consolidation icon and settings are simply gone.

Did someone have experienced the same issue?

Thanks

Eric

0 Kudos
5 Replies
chrisfmss
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Have you installed the plugin ? If yes, for importing server, right click on a host, you will see "Import Machine"

0 Kudos
ekrejci
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

I have the converter installed and enabled, but I mean the guided consolidation with which you can start analysis of a physical machine to see if it's a good client for consolidation. this is prior to the real P2V process

Eric

0 Kudos
chrisfmss
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I think they removed this feature on u1 or u2.

0 Kudos
ekrejci
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

got it.

before updating to u3, I've stopped the VMware Capacity Planner Service (collector) due to massive network broadcast and complaint from our security guys reading strange things in their access logs.

anyway, it seems that the upgrade of VC u3 doesn't like the fact the this service is not started. I've manually removed the VMware Capacity Planner for VirtualCenter in the add/remove progs - restarted the system - under the vpx folder in the VC 2.5 u3 install iso re-launched the CapacityPlanner.exe (to reinstall it) and finally had to restart the system one last time to have the consolidation part back under the VI client.

seems the upgrade not very efficient.

Eric

0 Kudos
asutosh
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

i got the same problem, just restarting VC solved the problem.

0 Kudos