VMware Cloud Community
RParker
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Confirm VC Build and Client

I downloaded VC 2.5 from the VM Ware website 2 days after release (12/10/07). Our build on the client (help about) clearly shows Build 64192, not 64201 that is showing on the website.

Does everyone's build show 64201 like it should, or I think I may have uncovered an issue on the VM Ware website. We are redownloading now, but just wanted to make everyone aware that you may not be on the build you were expecting.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mokotoe21
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Yup, I believe this is being sorted out but to clarify:

The "VMware-VIMSetup.exe" consolidated installer package (which includes VC 2.5, License Server, Converter Enterprise, VI Client, Update Manager, etc.) is build 64201.

The "VMware-vcserver.exe" installer which installs VC 2.5 and the "VMware-viclient.exe" which installs the VI client is build 64192.

I agree, it's confusing but 64192 is the correct build to be running.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
RParker
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

OK, I just downloaded the ISO and according the file within the vsx folder, it's NOT the correct build.

Look at the file, starting with 2.5.0 you will note the version is 64192 NOT 64201 as indicated. I believe this build to be incorrect. No one can verfiy this by help / about in VIC?

0 Kudos
Phril
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I notice the same thing, version on the .iso sez 64201, VIC help > about sez 64192. I downloaded my .iso 1/25/08.

0 Kudos
Chamon
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

VC build = 64192

ESX build = 3.5.0-64607

mokotoe21
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Yup, I believe this is being sorted out but to clarify:

The "VMware-VIMSetup.exe" consolidated installer package (which includes VC 2.5, License Server, Converter Enterprise, VI Client, Update Manager, etc.) is build 64201.

The "VMware-vcserver.exe" installer which installs VC 2.5 and the "VMware-viclient.exe" which installs the VI client is build 64192.

I agree, it's confusing but 64192 is the correct build to be running.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
vpalan
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

may i know VC 2.5.0 build 64192 is update 2 or 3?

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You are on base 2.5

0 Kudos
vpalan
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

you mean to say just VC 2.5 with no update? Am right?

shall i upgrade from VC 2.5 with no update to VC 2.5 update 5?

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

you mean to say just VC 2.5 with no update? Am right?

yes, base 2.5, no update

shall i upgrade from VC 2.5 with no update to VC 2.5 update 5?

that is a supported path. Just backup your DB instance because it will require a schema upgrade, which may take sometime

http://www.vmware.com/pdf/vsphere4/r40/vsp_compatibility_matrix.pdf

0 Kudos