VMware Cloud Community
jaturley
Contributor
Contributor

Configure IPMI/iLO settings Dell R610

When I attempt to configure an ESXi hosts IPMI settings I get the following error in the task window. "A specified parameter was not correct" I have entered the IP address, username/pasword and mac address of the DRAC card (is that correct). I also get an error window that pops up with a connection error message:

Call "HostSystem.UpdateIpmi" for object "denali.heartlandbc.org" on vCenter Server "hbc-indigo.heartlandbc.org" failed any ideas? Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
lamw
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm assuming you enabled the IPMI option within the iDRAC, this needs to be done before you can perform this operation.

=========================================================================

William Lam

VMware vExpert 2009,2010

VMware scripts and resources at:

Twitter: @lamw

Getting Started with the vMA (tips/tricks)

Getting Started with the vSphere SDK for Perl

VMware Code Central - Scripts/Sample code for Developers and Administrators

VMware Developer Community

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

0 Kudos
djgel
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi my friend,

Access DRAC in Machine (Crtl+e) and enable IPMI ... Before, access web DRAC and Enable Telnet . Try Again in VCenter!

Hugs

Márcio

0 Kudos
MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

just curious. you want configure to use with DPM ?

*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers. *Por favor, não esqueça de atribuir os pontos se a resposta foi útil ou resolveu o problema.* Thank you/Obrigado
0 Kudos
djgel
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello!

I use with DPM since WOL is not active in my machines. If you need processing, my ESX active again ...

But only helped our friend, do not know the real he use for it .

0 Kudos
AodhanG
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the heads up on enabling IPMI in the IDRAC.  DPM now works as expected.

0 Kudos