VMware Cloud Community
JohnnyBravo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Cluster shows red exclamation but no alarms on hosts or VM's

I have four hosts in my HA/DRS cluster. The cluster is showing a red exclamation but there are no errors in either of the hosts, VM's, datastores etc. THere is nothing to clear.

All hosts are vSphere 5 as is the vCenter Server.

Any ideas on this one guys?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

maybe you can disable HA on the Cluster and enable it again to see if the red exclamation goes away.  It is a bit strange that you have an alarm but yet nothing no triggers

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

check the vCenter level, go to alarms and triggered alarms.  Is there anything there?

0 Kudos
PduPreez
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi

Highlight your cluster and look under the Summary Tab as well.

There could be configuration issues or HA issues

Please award points if you find this helpful/correct Smiley Wink

JohnnyBravo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks for the quick responses guys but there are no alarms across the vCenter/Datacenter. I have looked in the summary tab also and there is nothing that suggests an issue.

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

maybe you can disable HA on the Cluster and enable it again to see if the red exclamation goes away.  It is a bit strange that you have an alarm but yet nothing no triggers

0 Kudos
PduPreez
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

That is odd yes

Is it not a red pixel problem on the monitor or maybe where you squished a mosquito? :smileylaugh:

Just kidding Smiley Wink

Agree with Troy, re-enable HA and check that it is not a HA admission control violation

If you select your Cluster, is there and error icon in the top right corner under search inventory

Regards :smileycool:

JohnnyBravo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

No not a red pixel :smileylaugh:

Troy indeed it just needed HA to be re-enabled. I should have tried that really but the points go to you!

Thanks for your help guys!

0 Kudos