VMware Cloud Community
morsek
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Cluster flagged with Warning icon

vCenter is flagging my main cluster with the little yellow triangle/exclemation point icon usually associated with alarm warnings. However, I am unable to find any active alarms or warnings on any of my hosts or guests.

I suspect it is flagging the fact that I do not have redundant managment connections throughout the cluster. (Host xxxxxxx currently has no management network redundancy). Due to the nature of the environment, I had not planned redundancy for those connections - but it wouldn't be impossible to configure.

Does anyone know if non-reduntant managment connections is enough to trigger a warning at the cluster level?

If so, would dual adapters teemed together (but only one IP address) be sufficient to elliminate the warning? Would two IP's/VLANS on one adapter be sufficient? Or do I truely need two IP's on two seperate adapters.

If that's not likely to be the cause of the warning, where else should I look?

Thanks,

-Ken

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcelo_soares
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

If you click on the cluster and go to the summary tab it doesn't show you the reason of the warning? I also think is because the redundant network - and, yes, a secondary NIC teamed with the first one should eliminate the alarm.

Marcelo Soares

VMWare Certified Professional 310/410

Virtualization Tech Master

Globant Argentina

Consider awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers.

Marcelo Soares

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
marcelo_soares
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

If you click on the cluster and go to the summary tab it doesn't show you the reason of the warning? I also think is because the redundant network - and, yes, a secondary NIC teamed with the first one should eliminate the alarm.

Marcelo Soares

VMWare Certified Professional 310/410

Virtualization Tech Master

Globant Argentina

Consider awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers.

Marcelo Soares
0 Kudos
morsek
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

My search-fu must have been weak this morning.

KB Article: 1004700 - Network redundancy message when configuring VMware High Availability

in vCenter Server

Connecting a second nic on the vswitch containing the managment interface and a restart of the HA manager solves the problem.

Additionaly, you can set <span style="font-family: Courier New">das.ignoreRedundantNetWarning</span> to <span style="font-family: Courier New">true</span> to disable the message.</span>

-Ken

0 Kudos