pfuhli
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Client annoying error pop up

Hi there,

does anyone of you got that message box

1776992.png

?

It is displayed in conjunction with a freeze of the whole client of 5-20 seconds everytime I change the the inventory view - e.g. from Datastores to Hosts & Clusters.

I crawled the logs as suggested but didn't found a hint to the source of the problem.

Any help is appreciated!!

Regards,

daniel

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
AndreTheGiant
Immortal
Immortal

I do not see the image.

Can you write the message that is prompted?

Andre

Andrew | http://about.me/amauro | http://vinfrastructure.it/ | @Andrea_Mauro
0 Kudos
pfuhli
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Error Message is:

Callback(Check client logs) even though the plug-in was inloaded!!

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

just a guess here:  Are all your plugins enabled and working as expected?

0 Kudos
pfuhli
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

There is a reoccuring problem with the xtravirt RDP Plugin we use. It becomes deactivated sometimes and I need to reactivate.

But nevertheless in times when all plugins are activated without any error message we got this pop up while switching from one view to the other.

0 Kudos
bulletprooffool
Champion
Champion

It may be worth dropping the guys on the Xtravirt site a quick mail - they are pretty good at trying to keep things working as they should - perhaps they have seen this before and can help?

One day I will virtualise myself . . .
AureusStone
Expert
Expert

Can you try disabling all of your plugins and see if that makes any difference?

0 Kudos
pfuhli
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

all pugins deactivated - makes no difference in behaviour 😕

0 Kudos
pfuhli
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

after deinstalling the Xtravirt RDP plugin all action went smoothly - no annoying pop ups with errors.

after reinstalling we have the same situation as seen before.

first try to activate the plugin failed.

second attempt was sucessful.

this is a trace from the log after first try to activate the plugin:

[        :QuickInf:M: 6] 2011-06-29 12:31:12.597  Trying to load plugin from : C:\Program Files\VMware\Infrastructure\Virtual Infrastructure Client\Plugins\XtravirtRDP\RDPPlugin.dll
[viclient:SoapTran:W:17] 2011-06-29 12:31:13.183  Invoke 56 Finish WaitForUpdates on PropertyCollector:propertyCollector [10.20.5.15] - Serial:0,002, Server:014,794
[viclient:QuickInf:W:17] 2011-06-29 12:31:13.184  WaitForUpdates Version = 11
[viclient:SoapTran:W:17] 2011-06-29 12:31:13.184  Invoke 58 Start WaitForUpdates on PropertyCollector:propertyCollector [10.20.5.15]. [operationID:6D89230E-0000003A]
[viclient:SrvMsg  :W:17] 2011-06-29 12:31:13.184  RMI Request Vmomi.Core.PropertyCollector.WaitForUpdates - 58
<version>11</version>
[        :Error   :M: 6] 2011-06-29 12:31:14.823  System.Net.WebException: The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel.
Server stack trace:
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
Exception rethrown at [0]:
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
   at VimApi.VimService.RetrieveServiceContent(ManagedObjectReference _this)
   at Plugin2.Plugin2.Load(VIApp app)
   at VpxClient.Plugins.PluginManager.LoadPlugin(PVE pve, PluginInformation info, List`1 pluginServices)

0 Kudos
ptasheq
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem here. Please let know if you have any info regarding this issue. I have already sent an email to Xtravirt guys. I let know if I get any info on it.

If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpful/Correct buttons to award points.
0 Kudos
WessexFan
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Any update on this. Happens on my Windows 7 laptop, but not on my XP admin machine.. very odd.

VCP5-DCV, CCNA Data Center
0 Kudos
ChicagoVM2
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same issue.

What steps were carried out to remove the plug-in for RDP?

--

I found the instructions on removing plug-ins: KB: 1025360

0 Kudos