VMware Cloud Community
esnmb
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Clear the "HA initiated a failover.." Notice in vSphere client

I'm not sure why I have this alert as we haven't lost any power/network as far as I've been told.  Either way, how do I get rid of the alarm that is up in the client?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

...and just in case.  To get rid of the error, you'll need to disable HA on the cluster, then enable HA again.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
arturka
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi

Are you sure that no one haven't played with physical switches without informing you 🙂  ? I would check  HA logs to find out what is going on.

Anyway, you can try to adjust HA setup adding advance settings to HA configuration such as:

das.failuredetectiontime = 30000 (extend isolation time to 30 seconds)

and if needed also add one or two isloation adresses

das.isolationaddress1 up to 10 (new isolation adresses)

das.usedefaultisolationaddres = false (exclude default GW from isolation adress pool)

VCDX77 My blog - http://vmwaremine.com
esnmb
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Very cool! And no I am not "certain" that nothing was done, but no one at least said anything was done....  Smiley Happy

I'll try that HA timeout threshold setting since we have multiple switches that the ESX hosts connect to that are not power redundant, but are attached to seperate power feeds.  So one switch with one power supply is in UPS A and another is in UPS B.  We have seen where say UPS A goes down it takes the hosts a while to notice that the other switch is still up.

I have HA set to not power VM's down so we don't start crashing servers.....

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

...and just in case.  To get rid of the error, you'll need to disable HA on the cluster, then enable HA again.

0 Kudos
esnmb
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks!

0 Kudos
prince1121
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi

you  can remove and re-add the host to the cluster. This will reinstall the HA packages and fix any misconfigurations

http://imagicon.info/cat/5-59/vbsmile.png

0 Kudos
Gio629
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I do remember doing this in the past to clear the error, but I cannot remember if it will effect the VMs in any way. Will any users experience a short "hiccup" in services while the cluster is re-configured? I want to make sure before doing this during business hours. Thanks.

0 Kudos