VMware Cloud Community
jcoburn_s10
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Clear out unwanted plugins listed in vCenter

We've successfully upgraded out vCenter appliance to 6.7U3a.  As a result, one of the Client Plug-ins has failed.  My manager does not want to reenable this particular plugin, so we are removing it.  I've found and follow the resolution steps in 'Cannot remove or disable unwanted plug-ins from vCenter Server and vCenter Server Appliance (1025360...'; however, when we browse in vCenter to Administration | Solutions | Client Plug-ins, the unwanted plugin is still listed.  I understand that restarting the appliance might remove it, but my question is can we restart one or more of the services - i.e. VMware vCenter Client or VMware vSphere Web Client - from the VAMI without restarting the entire appliance and get the same result?

Thanks for your assistance.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Virtbay
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi

You can restart the vsphere-client and vsphere-ui after which you can verify it . Restart of the services can be done from CLI via SSH session to VCSA

service-control --stop vsphere-ui && service-control --start vsphere-ui

service-control --stop vsphere-client && service-control --start vsphere-client

Regards VB Please mark helpful or correct if my answer resolved your issue.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Moderator: Moved to vCenter Server

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
Virtbay
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi

You can restart the vsphere-client and vsphere-ui after which you can verify it . Restart of the services can be done from CLI via SSH session to VCSA

service-control --stop vsphere-ui && service-control --start vsphere-ui

service-control --stop vsphere-client && service-control --start vsphere-client

Regards VB Please mark helpful or correct if my answer resolved your issue.
0 Kudos
Lalegre
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Hey jco,

To deregister complety the plugins from vCenter maybe the easiest way to do it is from the MOB. Please follow the next blog post:

https://www.virtuallyghetto.com/2010/07/how-to-unregister-vcenter.html

Follow steps 1 through 6 and maybe you will need to restart after this operation.

0 Kudos
jcoburn_s10
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks, Virtbay.  Restarting those two services did the trick.

0 Kudos
jcoburn_s10
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks, Lalegre.  But those steps are the same steps I already followed in VMware Knowledgebase Article 1025360 as I mentioned in the OP.

0 Kudos