VMware Cloud Community
lavinl
Contributor
Contributor

Changing permissions in VC 2.5

I have never been able to figure out how to remove or change permissions in a Virtual Center Datacenter.

I see how to add permissions, but there are many cases where I need to change or even remove permissions...

Could someone please tell me the best way to do this?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

I think it is as simple as right clicking on the user/group and select remove - this has to be done in the object that permission is assigned -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

....and the same process would be done to change the permissions as well. Right click and choose properties.

0 Kudos
azn2kew
Champion
Champion

To be more intuitive, use VI client and click on "Administration" tab and than under "Roles" tab it will show current roles name and groups that you've created. If you right click on a certain group and choose "Edit Role" to make changes to permissions and you can expand to all categories and select/deselect as much as you need. You can right click and choose "Add" and type in the user account you want to be in the same group as well.

If you want to have same permissions apply to different users/groups or team you can use the "clone" feature that will clone the permission and strip out all the members and add new members to it.

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

Regards,

Stefan Nguyen

iGeek Systems Inc.

VMware, Citrix, Microsoft Consultant

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!! Regards, Stefan Nguyen VMware vExpert 2009 iGeek Systems Inc. VMware vExpert, VCP 3 & 4, VSP, VTSP, CCA, CCEA, CCNA, MCSA, EMCSE, EMCISA
0 Kudos
lavinl
Contributor
Contributor

I am not allowed to edit the roles, I am not allowed to remove groups...The option does not come up

0 Kudos