VMware Cloud Community
Garrett_M_
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Changed ESX server IP address now VC logs show error.

We changed the IP addresses of serveral ESX hosts by re-creating the vswif0 and editing the network and hosts files. Everything seems to be working, HA, DRS, VMotion, etc. But now we are seeing an error message referencing the old IP address of the service console in the vpxd Virtual Center logs.

IP address change for 10.10.10.1 to 192.168.1.2 not handled, SSL certificate verification is not enabled.

Not sure if this is a problem... or how to fix it so the error no longer appears.

Any ideas?

BTW... I changed the addresses in the message to protect the guilty! Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tomaddox
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

At a guess, the VC server has an old copy of the SSL certificate from the ESX server. Since the error doesn't hurt anything, you can live with it, or you can probably remove the server from Virtual Center and re-add it.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
tomaddox
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

At a guess, the VC server has an old copy of the SSL certificate from the ESX server. Since the error doesn't hurt anything, you can live with it, or you can probably remove the server from Virtual Center and re-add it.

0 Kudos
kjb007
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

At the very least, you should disconnect the host, and reconnect it. Also, restart the mgmt-vmware service on the esx host as well.

-KjB

vExpert/VCP/VCAP vmwise.com / @vmwise -KjB
0 Kudos
Garrett_M_
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for the suggestion... removing the host from VC and adding it back solved the problem. I didn't try just a disconnect and reconnect, I suspect that will not do it because the VC agent is not deinstalled and reinstalled. But I wil check this out and report back.

0 Kudos
Garrett_M_
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Disconnecting and reconnecting the host did not fix the issue nor restarting the vmware-mgmt service. It must hae something to do with reinstalling the VC agent. Perhaps if I had certificate services enabled the VC would be able to tell that the host is the same one with a different address.

Thanks for the help,

Garrett

0 Kudos
tomaddox
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

You probably will need to remove the host from the cluster, delete the old certificate, and add the host back in, which will hopefully regenerate the cert. I don't know where VMware stores its SSL cert, though, so you'll probably need to open a ticket with VMware or your reseller (or hope for someone else to chime in).

0 Kudos
Garrett_M_
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Removing the servers from VC and readding it fix the problem as opposed to just disconnecting and reconnecting... thanks, Garrett.

0 Kudos