VMware Cloud Community
leif_hannusas
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Change or remove sysprep templates in VirtualCenter

Hello,

Is there a way to change or remove a saved or pre saved sysprep configuration i virtualcenter,

the sysprep template im talking about is in the Deploy Template Wizard -> Guest Customization

under the "customize using an existing customization specification".

// Leif

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
khughes
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

In the VIC, Edit -> Customization specifications. That will show you all of your template customization settings. You can create new, import, or right click and edit / delete

Hope that helps

-- Kyle "RParker wrote: I guess I was wrong, everything CAN be virtualized "

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
khughes
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

In the VIC, Edit -> Customization specifications. That will show you all of your template customization settings. You can create new, import, or right click and edit / delete

Hope that helps

0 Kudos
leif_hannusas
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

no no not that, you can save a preconfigure sysprep configuration that you can use when you deploy a template.

0 Kudos
khughes
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

That's where our preconfigured sysprep files are at. When you go through the deploy template wizard, you select use exhisting customization settings and it loads all the sysprep information from that file in there. You can also load a premade sysprep configuration, and there is a checkbox at the bottom if you want to load it but make changes to it. Or if you choose to customize the template, you have the option to save it at the end. At least that works for me

0 Kudos
leif_hannusas
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Sorry you where right, was in the wrong tab, thanks..

0 Kudos
kix1979
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I don't have my VC open, but check under Documents & Settings\All Users\ in there somewhere is the VMware folder and sysprep files. Perhaps they are in there. They use to be just XML files.

Thomas H. Bryant III
0 Kudos