I'm running vCenter 6.7 as an appliance and I need to change the DNS servers it looks at.
I am actually adding an additional DNS server prior to upgrading my AD domain.
Before applying the changes, I am asked if I have made a backup first - fair enough. It also warns me that after network settings have been reconfigured the following additional actions will be required -
1. All deployed plug-ins will need to be re-registered.
2. All custom certificates will need to be regenerated.
3. vCenter HA will need to be reconfigured.
4. Hybrid Link with Cloud vCenter server has to be recreated.
5. Active Directory will need to be rejoined.
Is this correct? Just adding additional DNS servers will require all this extra work?
This is from the VAMI right? I've done this a couple of times before and I never actually needed to do that. I figure there are some exceptions and situations in which you might need to do so, but I haven't encountered them before.
I think these "warnings" apply to changing VCSA FQHM or IP but not for DNS entries. All these changes can be made in the same menu so this might be a general warning.