VMware Cloud Community
MarkButtle
Contributor
Contributor

Cannot synchronize host xx.xx.xx.xx. Database temporarily unavailable or has network problems.

Hi all,

I'm getting the above error message on one of the three hosts connected to our vcenter server. The host status is "not responding" and the VMs on it all report as disconnected.

I'm running vcenter v4.0.0 and the VIM_VCDB and VIM_UMDB are located on a separate SQL 2005 server, I'm not sure which database the error is referring to since the other two hosts are ok. I can logon to the affected host using the vmware client and all is well.

Steps I have tried so far:

Rebooting the vcenter server

Rebooting the offending host.

Remove the host from datacenter and add it again - cant do that as I just get a database connection error message.

Restarted the vmware management service on the host.

This all started when I tried to add a new virtual machine on the host, the vcenter server service stopped when I hit finish on the wizard. Since then the above error has been ever present on the summary tab of the host.

Still the problem persists.

I use Veeam to backup the VMs and that connects to the vcenter so all backups on the disconnected host are failing so I'd really like to find a solution.

Any help you can give me will be very much appreciated, my googling has come up blank so far...

Thanks for your help.

Mark

0 Kudos
4 Replies
shelbyglhs
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Mark,

Any progress on this issue? I am having the same problem on a three node cluster hosting VDI. Now VDI is having all sorts of communication problems.

My other 3 clusters are unaffected.

Thanks,

Lou

0 Kudos
idle-jam
Immortal
Immortal

perhaps anything from the windows event log of the vcenter or database server would point you to something.

0 Kudos
shelbyglhs
Contributor
Contributor

Will do, good idea.

I do have everything off of one esx host in the cluster. I am going to blow it away, re-install, and see if it still has these issues.The rest of the environment (the other 9 hosts) are not having any problems. I'll post my results.

0 Kudos
jithinraj
Contributor
Contributor

Hi All,

Did you find solution for this issue..I'm getting same error also I'm unbale to remove the host from VC

Thanks

Jithin

0 Kudos