VMware Cloud Community
chrisheartland
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Cannot see all customizaton specs...why?

We have two vCenters in Linked mode. If I build a VM at one site and choose to use a previous customization spec I can see about 1/2 of the specs. If I do the same at the other site I get about the other 1/2 (give or take). I built a new vm at my second site thinking that if I saved it the first site would see it. Well, I don't see it at all in my customization spec manager.

Any ideas on this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chrisheartland
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

HI, oops I meant to edit and say I figured this out. Even though two vCenters are in linked mode, it appears that templates can ONLY see customization specs from their respective vCenters. I created an identical spec on my other vCenter and was able to see it!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Praveenmna
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

Do you see any critical errors on the ADAM log on eventvwr?

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or Correct buttons to award points. Praveen P Senior Support Engineer
0 Kudos
chrisheartland
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

HI, oops I meant to edit and say I figured this out. Even though two vCenters are in linked mode, it appears that templates can ONLY see customization specs from their respective vCenters. I created an identical spec on my other vCenter and was able to see it!

0 Kudos