VMware Cloud Community
VCU
Contributor
Contributor

Cannot see VMFS datastore from second Host

Hello,

We have VMware vCenter Server 5.x, and 2 ESXI 5 Hosts

The two Hosts exist in a datacenter, not yet a cluster.

I have performed a new installation of ESXi 5 on new hardware (Host 2, .43 ) I am  attempting to connect to the existing SAN (UltraStor RS8), which is currently  connected to Host1 .53 via ISCSi, where the datastore had been created, see the LUN  no problem and VMs have been installed.

2.JPG

1.JPG

(note: "Storage" is our SAN and "VMware datastore" is an NFS connection)

Our Host2 cannot see the datastores  though. The volumes are visible in the Devices view, but not in the Datastores  view

3.JPG

4.JPG

Error is a s  follows: Login to iSCSI target iqn.1997-10.com.enhance-tech:ultrastorrs8ip4-0-  00a6dcb4:target0 on vmhba35 @ vmk1 failed. The iSCSI initiator could not  establish a network connection to the target. error 07/05/2012 2:04:12 PM  172.16.40.43 SAN The SAN's gui Interface sees Host 2 as being "in session" The  connection to an existing NFS was successful and uneventful.

Our UltraStor RS8ip4 SAN shows two sessions. Config files and logs were sent to the SAN Vendor and show no issues.

5.JPG

We have several VMs running successfully on Host1., which is identical hardware as Host 2

I'm quite new to this.

Stumped..

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
iw123
Commander
Commander

I'm guessing you have already rescanned storage/rebooted the host?

Are you using any security on the iscsi connection? 

*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers
0 Kudos
VCU
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, Thanks

Yes, we've disconnected from the iSCSI by removing the Dynamic IP and Static IP on Storage Adapter and rescanned. Rebooted host.

There's no security on the SAN

One VmKernel for ISCSi to one NIC

Trying to avoid a format of the VMFS. Host1 has no issues.

Appreciate your reply

R

0 Kudos