VMware Cloud Community
Pitterling
Contributor
Contributor

Cannot login user Administrator@127.0.0.1 - error message

Hi,

i have the following error message in the vCenter event log.

Cannot login user Administrator@127.0.0.1: no permission error 2/1/2010 5:59:39 PM Administrator

The Administrator user was assigned to role Administrator within vCenter, but removed later on.

This is in the system log.

-- BEGIN task-internal-1775296 -- -- vim.SessionManager.login -- 1361043D-A68C-4681-9CDA-BACE7A914F07

: User Administrator

-- FINISH task-internal-1775296 -- -- vim.SessionManager.login -- 1361043D-A68C-4681-9CDA-BACE7A914F07

-- ERROR task-internal-1775296 -- -- vim.SessionManager.login: vim.fault.NoPermission:

(vim.fault.NoPermission) {

dynamicType = <unset>,

faultCause = (vmodl.MethodFault) null,

object = 'vim.Folder:group-d1',

privilegeId = "System.View",

msg = "",

}

At the moment i do not know which program is trying to connect by user Administrator. Please advise how to figure out ...

Thanks,

Peter

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

check all 3rd party applications that you use that connects to vCenter. It's probably some sort of monitoring solution. If you find the application and change/update the credentials, the message will probably go away.

0 Kudos
Pitterling
Contributor
Contributor

troy, there is no 3rd party software installed on the server. The loopback address points to an application installed on the server itself.

It must be some of the VMWARE components - UPDATE Manager, Orchestra, etc ...

Is there any other recommendation? Would it be possible to raise the log level to get more information ?

thanks

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

like I said, I don't know what is trying to authenticate into your environment, but it is something that is using the credentials of Administrator. Go through all your applications and check credentials.

Also, add the Administrator account to the Administrator role, does it go away?

0 Kudos
Pitterling
Contributor
Contributor

i checked all my applications & services, i even checked the ports to figure out which program is trying to connect to the vSphere Center.

I couldn't figure out any suspicious program. I also switched off all VMWare related service which are not really necessary. I also reenabled the Administrator user within vSphere Center. I still have the error messages ... strange.

It seems that it is something internal ...

0 Kudos
nahowardx
Contributor
Contributor

I'm running into the same issue, have you figured this out at all?

0 Kudos