VMware Cloud Community
xlpnycm
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Cannot Create Content Library

Hi all

I'm running in a strange issue. When trying to create a Content Library through vSphere Web Client, I'm always getting an error that states that The operation failed because "this method requires authentication”. I'm creating a Content Library without marking the authentication checkbox.

Furthermore, the error always pops up no matter what Content Library type I try to create (Local, subscription, etc...)

Anyone has run into similar issue?

Thanks

Tags (1)
7 Replies
jlay3
Contributor
Contributor

I too am seeing this issue on all our upgraded VCSA appliances. Ones we installed from scratch (no upgrade) the content libraries work fine, upgraded ones are a no go. VCSA 6.0.0 2997665.

0 Kudos
kpate96
Contributor
Contributor

I have the exact same problem.

I am running VCSA 6.0.0.10200 Build 3343022

0 Kudos
anthonyvallejo
Contributor
Contributor

I am also experiencing the same issue on a recently upgraded VCSA 5.5>6.0.1. Any solutions other than deploying a new VCSA?

0 Kudos
Sateesh_vCloud

I too have same issue and documentation shows we need to have NFS Storage mapped directly with VCSA.

Have you tried that option?

------------------------------------------------------------------------- Follow me @ www.vmwareguruz.com Please consider marking this answer "correct" or "helpful" if you found it useful T. Sateesh VCIX-NV, VCAP 5-DCA/DCD,VCP 6-NV,VCP 5 DCV/Cloud/DT, ZCP IBM India Pvt. Ltd
0 Kudos
jlay3
Contributor
Contributor

I know this question is several months old but does not have a solve. I too am experiencing the same issues on upgraded VCSA. I ran across this article: This Method Requires Authentication – Virtual Sketchpad and after reviewing some of my logs and comparing to the ones in the article, it looks promising. I am going to give it a try and see what happens.

0 Kudos
blabarbera
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Did you have any luck following the solution from the link you posted? I am running into the same problem in a test environment with an upgraded VCSA. Any info you can offer is appreciated.

0 Kudos
chkptco1
Contributor
Contributor

Did you ever find a solution for this?  I'm running into the same exact problem.

0 Kudos