VMware Cloud Community
DACITVM24
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Can you run PSC 6.5U2 with vCenter Server 6.5U1

we are upgrading from 5.5U3 to 6.5U2 ... have done the PSC to VCSA already but while running the migration assistant on vCenter, we are getting warnings that our third party DVS (from Cisco/VM-FEX) API will not be supported on 6.5U2 ... researching this I guess the VMware is no longer supporting the third party APIs.  So as a consideration, can I proceed with the 6.5U1 upgrade on vCenter so that it can support the third party Cisco API with the PSC already at 6.5U2?

Any input/direction greatly appreciated.

1 Solution
4 Replies
DACITVM24
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

@dstamen1 thanks for link.  Definitely has shed some light on something I didn't think of as we prepared for this upgrade.  I definitely have more questions for VMware, as they are assisting in this upgrade this a.m.

I'm taking it that "mixed-version environments" is referencing major versioning differences ... example: 5.5 to 6.5 as opposed to getting to 6.5 on all components but running Update differences between components.

Is that how you would see it?

Again ... Greatly appreciate the info

0 Kudos
dstamen
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

it references all versions, you always want to make sure the PSC's are at the same patch level, major or minor.

DACITVM24
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

dstamen1​ ... thanks for the follow-up.  Understand the versioning reference.  Greatly appreciate the response.

0 Kudos