VMware Cloud Community
desema1
Contributor
Contributor

Can't open console in vSphere Client

Hello,

I need some help regarding vSphere Client connected to a vCenter server. I already searched on google and vmware homepage, but found no solution.

There have a vSphere Client user, wo tries to open the console of a VM.

When he does so, he get's an error message: "Permission to perform this operation was denied.".

After that, he get's a meessage from "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library": "Runtime error! Program: C:\Program Files\VMware\Infra..."

"This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information."

I already did the following:

- Assinged Administrator rights to that user. User restarted vSphere Cliet, but the problem is still there.

- Created a second user in vCenter with the same rights, but that user does not have a problem oping the console.

Attached you'll find a screenshot of the error message.

Any idea for the next steps or are there any traces / logfiles / more information I should upload?

Console_error.png

Thanks a lot

Best regards

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mclark
Expert
Expert

Since you made the first user an administrator, does this happen on all VMs that they try, or just this one? Have you made sure that this user does not have conflicting permissions such as "no access"? Have you tried to have the user access the VM using another client machine to make sure it's not machine-specific (shouldn't be, but it's one thing to rule out just in case)?

Also, if a user is in two different groups that have conflicting rights, this can cause issues.

The vSphere Client logs (on Windows 7) should be here: C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\VMware\vpx and on Windows XP here: C:\Documents and Settings\<User>\Local Settings\Temp\vpx

0 Kudos
nikheelkumar16
Contributor
Contributor

Hii,

Did you try opening with any other Domain account/ Service Account, from the system where it's not opening?.

It might also be the case, of corrupted profile, corrpted .net or some java issues.

earlier i also got the same error.. and it turned out to be a system issue.. just renamed the profile and later it was working fine,

0 Kudos
desema1
Contributor
Contributor

Hello mclark and nikheelkumar16,

thanks for your suggestions.

It works fine now, after I did the following:

I used the user credesntials from the user having problems and logged into vSphere from my own PC.

From my own client, I had no problems.

I asked the user to uninstall and install vSphere Client from his PC.

He did so, and after that, he had no more problems.

Thanks a lot again

best regards

Sebastian

0 Kudos