Apollyon
Contributor
Contributor

Can't open VirtualCenter and can't run the service

My configuration :

2 X esx4 >>>>San fiber channel

I

I

Vcenter4 on a Windows serveur 2008, Sql 2008. + Veam Backup (Serveur are not in the domain, because my DC is a vm)

I have installed Veam backup tomorow, and after i cant access to my Vcenter. My log error :

Failed to search OU=Instances container. This may indicate a problem with LDAP permissions for the account running VirtualCenter, or that the schema is not compatible with this version of VirtualCenter.

Have you a solution please ?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mlubinski
Expert
Expert

what user do you use for running this service?

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points

[I]If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points[/I]
0 Kudos
poweredge2010
Contributor
Contributor

We are having the same problem.

EventID 1000[VpxdLdap] Failed to search OU=Instances container. This may indicate a problem with LDAP permissions for the account running VirtualCenter, or that the schema is not compatible with this version of VirtualCenter.

The error occur on the clock and every 15 mins after the clock (ie, 9am, then 9:15am, then 10am, then 10:15am)

It only happens when

1. Running vSphere Client and leave it on (3 times a day)

2. Occur 24 times a day if we have vSphere Client as well as Veeam Monitor on.

Btw, the vCenter server DID NOT JOIN A DOMAIN, only using a Workgroup, I know it's not right according to vCenter setup guide, but I really want to keep it simple.

So I suspect it's a client pulling problem and/or the client can't search through AD, so it reports such error?

It's just a warning error, nothing really affecting operation, so I think I can safely ignore it, but do appreciate if I can solve it.

0 Kudos