VMware Cloud Community
yannara
Contributor
Contributor

Can´t login to fresh 5.1 installation

I did fresh virtual vcenter 5.1 installation, installing all 3 components required and I cannot install with domain admin account via vsphere client. During installation, I remember setting extra long password to admin@system-domain account which was a default set. VMware requires too complex password, so I couldn´t enter my domain admin credentials during installation. I also tried to logon with this account, but unsuccessfully.

Do I need to re-install entire server because of this, and how/what credentials I should use during installation?

Another side question: Is vCenter 5.0 compatible with ESXi 5.1 or do I need to update vCenter as well?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
ramkrishna1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi yannara ,

Welcome to the communities.

I dont think need to do upgradation or reinstallation  .

first please check you are able to login locally or not .if yes then check the port are excluded on firewall .

you may boot through thrid party tool to reset domain password.

"concentrate the mind on the present moment."
0 Kudos
yannara
Contributor
Contributor

ramkrishna1 wrote:

Hi yannara ,

Welcome to the communities.

I dont think need to do upgradation or reinstallation  .

first please check you are able to login locally or not .if yes then check the port are excluded on firewall .

you may boot through thrid party tool to reset domain password.

"concentrate the mind on the present moment."

I can´t login locally. I cannot connect with any account or password. The problem is not in any domain passwords.

0 Kudos
sparrowangelste
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

if you dont remember your local logon you will probably have to reinstall

--------------------- Sparrowangelstechnology : Vmware lover http://sparrowangelstechnology.blogspot.com
0 Kudos
yannara
Contributor
Contributor

Now I know where the problem is with password! Thing is that I use domain admin account to login into VMware, and vCenter´s Single-Sing On installation requires higher security password complexity than I have on that account in AD. In a result of that, I have different password to Windows Security and in VMware Single-Sign on. I should use separate domain account only for VMware use, but now it is too late.

0 Kudos
yannara
Contributor
Contributor

- Currently I can log in vCenter with a vSphere client using only vCenter´s Win server´s local admin account. I cannot login using any domain admin account.

- In vCenter roles, I created a new role which has all rights. Here, I cannot add any users to it? I would like to add all domain admins to that role, but how?

0 Kudos
yannara
Contributor
Contributor

Finally I managed to solve this problem! I have to type domain name while login using vsphere client - user@domain.dom

Only user no go.

0 Kudos