VMware Cloud Community
djames06
Contributor
Contributor

Can't log in vSphere Client

Hello Community,

I'm a newbie at getting to know vCenter. After installing vCenter I can log into the Appliance Management but can't for the vSphere client. I'm am confused to what the login name is that I know I created. I'm really having a dumb moment here and I apologized in advance!

I used both marked in yellow in the (attachment) but none work that I created. I know this should be easy but it's not for me.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance everyone

0 Kudos
7 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Administrator@vsphere.local

Do not use /vsphere-client

Use /ui instead

0 Kudos
NathanosBlightc
Commander
Commander

Hello

There are two types of web client for managing the vSphere environment:

https://vcenter/vsphere-client will refer you to the FLEX (flash-based) and is the older version, and

https://vcenter/ui is HTML5-based and is the new one.

As daphnissov​ mentioned try the 2nd option and login with this type of vSphere web client.

Also you set vsphere.local as the username and you should be aware it's incorrect because vsphere.local is the SSO domain name, you should set like: administrator@vsphere.local and its password (you set it in the deployment wizard) as your login credential

Please mark my comment as the Correct Answer if this solution resolved your problem
0 Kudos
IRIX201110141
Champion
Champion

The Port "9443" from the URL and part of the Screenshot from the installation indicate that you dont have install a VCSA 6.7 or newer.... why?

Regards,
Joerg

0 Kudos
IRIX201110141
Champion
Champion

Can you explain the bottom part of the last attached screenshot.

It looks like that the SSO Domain is set to "Mydomain.vsphere.local"  which is total fine.... but not very common Smiley Happy

So the user account is named "administrator@Mydomain.vsphere.local".

Regards,
Joerg

0 Kudos
djames06
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you Amin for answering my question. It worked just fine.

0 Kudos
djames06
Contributor
Contributor

Hey,

Actually I'm using Appliance 6.7-14367737 and I'm going to install VCSA today. I know my ESXi host but just starting to learn vCenter.

Thanks for your assistance and the support Joerg

0 Kudos
djames06
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you daphnissov,

That definitely worked for me.

0 Kudos