VMware Cloud Community
Gonzouk
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Can't import machine from vCenter (P to V)

Hello,

I hve tried using the "Import Machine" option from vCenter (4.1) and get the error below.  I have tried it from 3 other computer and get the same error, plus I have tried reinstalled vSphere and the plugins on my PC.  It doesn't even work from our vCenter server's vSphere.

vmerror.png

The network is fine as vSphere connects to vCenter fine and I can see our 6 hosts and 50 plus servers.

What can I do?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

I never used the 4.1 converter plugin, because there's a newer standalone Converter 4.3 available. However, at which point do you get this message? Do you have any firewalls active which might block necessary ports (see http://kb.vmware.com/kb/1010056)?

André

0 Kudos
Gonzouk
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

It has always worked so I would like to fix it. Plus there are no firewalls between servers.

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

At which point in the Converter do you get this message? Are you able to pick the target datastore from the drop down list in the Converter wizard? Do all your hosts see the same storage?

André

0 Kudos
Gonzouk
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I get the message straight after selecting import machine from vsphere when it is connected to our vcenter server.

0 Kudos