VMware Cloud Community
Phatpuckz
Contributor
Contributor

Can't create Parent VM in vCenter???

All my servers show up on my datacenter in vCenter vSphere Client. I ran vSphere as a domain admin and logged in as the same. When I try and create a vm through the wizard it gives me an error:

"You do not hold privilege 'Resource > Assign virtual machine to resource pool' on the selected host"

And when I try and right click and create a VM i can, but when I power up and install windows os it says it can't find the harddrive.

Any ideas?? thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RParker
Immortal
Immortal

You have to either add the domain admin to the local admins group of the vCenter machine (which of course means the machine MUST be a member of the domain) or you have to add the user in a role, which is already a member of the Administrators (or appropriate) role in vCenter.

0 Kudos
Phatpuckz
Contributor
Contributor

I did verify it was correct. I ended up removing the datacenter and re-installing it (exact same) and so far its letting me build my Parent VM.

0 Kudos
Phatpuckz
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, I did create a vm....but then it crashed on me. I ended up having to reinstall vcenter. NOW, the original problem exists again. I recreated the datacenter to no luck this time. I check my permissions and believe they are correct.

Is the any reason why its telling me it can't find the harddrive when I'm installing the os?? thanks.

0 Kudos