VMware Cloud Community
biohazard4
Contributor
Contributor

Can't clone vm with customization

Hi,

I download the sysprep for win2k3 from MS website and extracted the deploy.cab into the c:\docoment and settings\all users\application data\vmware\vmware virtualcenter\sysprep\srv-2003\

After that I clone a windows2k3 enterprise VM with some customization settings following customization wizard and submit the job, the clone job always failed only with error message "can't complete customization" without any other information I can follow up.

The only single clone job can be done successfully.

My VC is vSpere4.0.

I saw there was some one submitted the same question before but no answer. Does anyone also encounter same problem? Or some one can give some suggestions?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AndreTheGiant
Immortal
Immortal

Are you using converter enterprise from vCenter?

Is your source system a 32 bit machine?

Andre

Andrew | http://about.me/amauro | http://vinfrastructure.it/ | @Andrea_Mauro
0 Kudos
biohazard4
Contributor
Contributor

No. I'm using the "Clone" item when right click the source VM.

My source VM is the 32bit VM.

0 Kudos
mokymura
Expert
Expert

Hi

The sysprep/OS_folder, did you created it or it was created by the system. Vcenter doesn´t like folders under sysprep created manually: probably issues with access rights.

Regards

Si encuentras esta u otras respuesta útiles, por favor considera el asignar puntos seleccionando la respuesta como útil o correcta

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer helpful or correct.

Si encuentras esta u otras respuesta útiles, por favor considera el asignar puntos seleccionando la respuesta como útil o correcta If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer helpful or correct.
0 Kudos
biohazard4
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, mokymura

The that OS subfolder was created by vCenter itself. I put all the extracted files which from deploy.cab under that folder directly.

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\VMware\VMware VirtualCenter\sysprep\svr2003

thanks

0 Kudos
yann_bizeul
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

AFAIK VMware does no longer support sysprep downloaded from microsoft website, I had issues with that.

What I do now is always getting sysprep from the OS cdrom under TOOLS directory in DEPLOY.CAB.

0 Kudos