VMware Cloud Community
omera
Contributor
Contributor

Can't add ESX hosts to my cluster

Hi ,

Our customer has 5 ESX 3.5 server and they are using Virtual Center 2.5.They didn't have DRS & HA Custer. Today i have created a new cluster and i am trying to add hosts to this cluster. I entered username and password ( the are correct ). When i press Next button in Ready to Complete screen i am getting " The host XXXXXX is already connected to Virtual Center server" message. You may find the error in the attachement.

Please help me ASAP

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Gerrit_Lehr
Commander
Commander

Did you remove the host from virtual center first? Also restart hostd and mgmt-vmware services

Kind Regards,

Gerrit Lehr

If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful".

Kind regards, Gerrit Lehr If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful".
0 Kudos
NTurnbull
Expert
Expert

Looking at your screenshot the ESX host botoesx05 is already connected to the VC instance - it's the host just below the cluster you configured. Out of interest, why didn't you just drag and drop the host into the cluster? Looking at the screenshot you've got the host as disconnected in the cluster but connected just below it.. You might want to remove the disconnected host in the cluster and drag the already connected one in.

Thanks,

Neil

Thanks, Neil
0 Kudos