VMware Cloud Community
adminatater
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Can't Get vCenter Services To Start!?

For reasons I’m don’t understand I can no longer get to my vSphere sever via the vSphere client. When I attempt to login I receive this error:

vSphere Client count not connect with the vCenter Server "server ip here"

Details: A connection failure occurred (Unable to connect to remote server)

Upon investigating the problem I noticed that two services that are set to automatically start aren’t running at all. The services are; VMware vCenter Management Webservices, and VMware VirtualCenter Server. When I manually start the service 'VMware VirtualCenter Server' I get this error:

"Windows could not start the VMware VirtualCenter Server on Local Computer. For more information, review the System Event Log. If this is a non-Microsoft service, contact the service vendor, and refer to service-specific error code 2."

Below are the event log errors on the vSphere server:

Log Name: System

Source: Service Control Manager Eventlog Provider

Event ID: 7024

Message: The VMware VirtualCenter Server service terminated with service-specific error 2 (0x2).

Log Name: Application

Source: VMware VirtualCenter Server

Event ID: 1000

Message: The description for Event ID 1000 from source VMware VirtualCenter Server cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event.

Forcing shutdown of VMware VirtualCenter now, the message resource is present but the message is not found in the string/message table.

-

List of VMware Product & Versions installed:

• vCenter Orchestrator, version 4.0.1.4502

• VMware Infrastructure Client 2.5, version 2.5.0.64238

• VMware vCenter Collector Service, version 3.0.32.31376

• VMware vCenter Converter, version 4.1.0.5213

• VMware vCenter Guided Consolidation, version 4.0.0.10021

• VMware vCenter Server, version 4.0.0.10021

Currently running 2 ESX 4 servers, and 1 ESX 3.5 server.

If anyone has any ideas please post, this is driving me crazy. Oh and thanks for reading this far down. Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

you can't have IIS running, it will conflict with port 80

http://kb.vmware.com/kb/4824652

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Do you have IIS installed on your vCenter Host? How is your DB, is there space available? What DB are you using?

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

also, based on this event, if what I suggested doesn't help, you may try do a repair/re-install of your vCenter Server

Log Name: Application

Source: VMware VirtualCenter Server

Event ID: 1000

Message: The description for Event ID 1000 from source VMware VirtualCenter Server cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

0 Kudos
adminatater
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I do have IIS installed and running on the vSphere server. Plenty of room on the SQL 2005 DB.

I forgot to mention earlier, that vSphere was working fine before. Not sure what caused all of this trouble.

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

you can't have IIS running, it will conflict with port 80

http://kb.vmware.com/kb/4824652

0 Kudos
adminatater
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution