VMware Cloud Community
mpal2
Contributor
Contributor

Can not log in to vCenter with AD users with error "invalid credentials"

Hi, I can't log in to vsphere Vcenter 6.7 with AD users. I always receive the same error: "invalid credentials".

I can log in with SSO credentials correctly.

I quit the vCenter in to the domain and rejoin correctly but received the same error. I tested the LDAP por 389 is open between the vCenter and the DCs.

Could you help me, please.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
stefansevastre
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

hello, are you sure the integration worked fine? try to connect with the account you use to connect VC to AD and also add your domain after user ( administrator@vpshere.local for example, where vsphere.local is domain name )

0 Kudos
mpal2
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I can connect with my AD account on any VM of the domain. I add the domain after user. Example: user@mydomain.com

Thank you.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

As your post needs moving to the area for vCenter Server, I have reported it to the moderators.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
pmichelli
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Please provide more information:

Is the vCenter joined to Active Directory and are you using IWA (Integrated Windows Authentication) as the identity source

or are you using Active Directory over LDAP ?

0 Kudos
mpal2
Contributor
Contributor

yes, Integrated Windows Authentication

0 Kudos
pmichelli
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Have you assigned a user permissions in vCenter or just added it to AD ? Make sure an AD user has a role in vCenter to some object.

Your other option is to drop IWA and setup AD over LDAP.  IWA is going away soon anyhow, may as well migrate over to the supported model moving forward