VMware Cloud Community
AhmedTabl
Contributor
Contributor

Can Not Connect to Vcenter server

Hello,

I tried to connect to the vcenter server but it gave a communincation error (Unable to connect to remote server) while the vsphere client could connect to the ESX hosts, also the vsphere client that i use is on the same machine as the vcenter server (Local host).

I checked the VCenter service it is up and running, also I tried to ping the ESX hosts and vcenter host using name and FQDN it replied with no issues.

I don't know what els I should do???

Please advice.

Regards.

Ahmed Salah

0 Kudos
6 Replies
sa2057
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

0 Kudos
marcelo_soares
Champion
Champion

Seems you have another service using the same ports as VC. Stop VC service, and check if TCP port 443 is still opened with the command "netstat -nao". If it is, check the PID column to find the process and kill it using the task manager.

Marcelo Soares
0 Kudos
emma234
Contributor
Contributor

Hi AhmedTablp>

Welcome to the community .

please let us know if you have followed the stesp suggested by marcelo.soares

so that we can go through others point.    

"He Conquers, Who Conquers Himself".
0 Kudos
AhmedTabl
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Marcello,

when I stoped the vcenter service and ran Netstat-nao there is no service runing on port 443, and after I start the vc service i only found port 8443 is opened.

there is somthing wrang but I don't know where, also the there is no firewalll between the servers they are all on the same subnet..

Please advice,

Thanks,

0 Kudos
athloncrazy
Contributor
Contributor

Can you telnet vCenter required ports one by one for troubleshooting purpose.

Have you try configure vCenter IP under Runtime in vCenter setting?

0 Kudos
AhmedTabl
Contributor
Contributor

thanks for your support, I removed the vcenter and installed a fresh new vcenter with SQL Express DB and acreated anew datacenter and cluster and added the hosts I already have.

thanks a lot.

cheers

0 Kudos