VMware Cloud Community
isterios
Contributor
Contributor

Can I check CPU average usage on my ESX?

Hello,

I have to check the CPU average usage on our different ESXs.

Using Virtual Center, I don't see any average statistic, but only a CPU usage at a T moment (immediate charge).

So is there a way to see an average CPU usage instead of an immediate CPU charge?

Thks.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ZMkenzie
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Using the "perfomance" tab you can see an historycal view of cpu and a lot of other details. Just click on the host and select performance.

0 Kudos
isterios
Contributor
Contributor

Ok but this shows curves, and I would like (my boss would like Smiley Wink an average number (per week).

0 Kudos
FredPeterson
Expert
Expert

I don't think he knows what to ask for so he asked for an average.

The Per Week graphs are what you need to show him. You could have 6 days of 1GHz usage but then day 7 has a spike to 5GHz and it would look like an average CPU usage of 1.6GHz but thats not really true since the one day was a big spike that pushed the normal average mark higher then it really is.

0 Kudos
Julio_V_
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

There's an average number at the rightmost column of the monitored object. You can "change chart options", select "last week" for the cpu object and voila... it shows under "average", for last week.

I suppose you also could take a snapshot of, say, last month, and get the average weekly figures by exporting to csv and processing through Excel. But that's not VC straight away.

HTH.

JV.

0 Kudos