VMware Cloud Community
ahaya
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

CPU Usage data collection options

I am trying to query CPU Usage data in Virtual center 2.5 update 4, SQL server 2005, I can see it via the performance tab, but is there a different tool? If so are they Vmware tools or are they 3rd party tools? Can I get some suggestions please.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

here is a link to the VI Toolkit (for Windows) Forum, where you can download what is needed.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

specific to the VM(s) or the Host(s). There is a performance overview plugin for vCenter 2.5.0U4 that you can use. There are multiple 3rdp party tools ,like vKernel Capacity Analyzer, Tek-Tools Profiler.

ESXTOP in ESX will a good tool as well.

ahaya
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

The performance plug-in can you exrtract the data or CPU Usage date to be spacific into a text or word doc, for the VM Client machines and the hosts.

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

no, it's just a read only plug- in. It would be a nice to have wouldn't it?

ahaya
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

So were could I find Viper toolkit to be able to extrapalate the data needed? and a command list for the power shell that is VI toolkit, and I will get started in that direction, all the serches I do are not to helpfull.

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

here is a link to the VI Toolkit (for Windows) Forum, where you can download what is needed.

0 Kudos