RobertAnders
Contributor
Contributor

Automatic export of Performance Data

Hi,

I need to export some information out of the performance data from VMware vSphere 4.1. We want to put these data in our KPI system.

To be more specific, I need the following 6 values. Each of them for the time range of "last month" for the hole cluster.

CategoryData 1Data 2
RAMMaximumAverage
CPUMaximumAverage
VM'sCount
HostsCount

I need an automatic export to a csv file (or somethinge like that). The KPI system will then read out the file. Because the KPI is SQL based, another option is to query the data via SQL direct from VMware vSphere DB.

Anyone an idea how to do this? Is it possible to get performance data direct from database via SQL? Is there any documentation?

Thanks in advanced!

Regards

Robert

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
mwpreston
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

You could have a look at running esxtop or resxtop in batch mode 'resxtop -server [servername] -b > test.csv'.  With a little customization you could get the metrics you need off of a host.

0 Kudos
jimraina
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi RobertAnders

To perform this activity you need monitoring tool with databse where it save all record .so that you can analysys  the time when resource utilistaion are high and low .

"You are stronger than you think"
0 Kudos
RobertAnders
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

thanks for your replies. But don't you think it's possible to get these data out of the vCenter DB? The Performance Charts of vCenter provides me exactly all these data I need. And it's stored in the DB, or not?

Robert

0 Kudos