VMware Cloud Community
afuente26
Contributor
Contributor

Appliance is running low on memory. Add more memory to the machine.

Hello,

a fresh new vCenter Installation of vCenter 7, I get this error. Of course, there is enought memory (12GB), and used only 4 more or less....

any idea?

Of the other hand, I get also the "error" or "warning" that the guest OS is linux 3 or higher and should be photon, which is not available to make the change. Photon is available on new installation, but not to change it...

Need help please!!

0 Kudos
20 Replies
Kinnison
Commander
Commander

@LucianoPatrão, good afternoon,

Of course it's not a problem, I haven't even bothered with this kind of warning for a long time now.
But I would like some things to be a little better taken care of and that maybe they work according to expectations.

I mean, in the most recent version of ESXi 7.0U3D it is now clearer that once the NTP service is configured it will not start unless it is explicitly enabled (in the service tab). In previous versions, however, as soon as it was set it was reported as "running" while instead it was not until the service was explicitly started (and doing this sometime was also slow as molasses) and till there is an "action button doing nothing" since I do not remember how many years.

Making things simple, well documented and why not, clearer to understand, is a virtue not a defect.

Regards,
Ferdinando

0 Kudos