VMware Cloud Community
WHISKEYTANG0F0X
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone else having problems with VCSA 5.5B not starting?

Looking over the threads here, I noticed that FQ13 posted earlier that they had problems VCenter 5.50B crashing, others were having problems with 5.50b on Windows. We were running 5.5A with little problems other than the annoying quickstats problem that was fixed in 5.5B

So I decided to update to 5.5B last week, and when I did I couldn't get the system to boot again after the second time. VPXD was failing to initialize. After trying for a few days, I thought I had messed something up, and decided to build a new VCSA. Deployed the 5.5 VM, then configured it in quick setup via web console. Then ran update to 5.50b and restarted it. No problems. Then I configured SSO after making sure it was in DNS. Not problems, SSO working fine. Then I rebooted. Same problems, same error messages. Cannot reach Vcenter, cannot ping it's IP.

Does anyone have VCSA 5.50B working with SSO for any length of time?

Attempting to restart VPXD service fails, shows similar to boot:

startup.jpg

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
WHISKEYTANG0F0X
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone?

Am I the only one using the VCenter Appliance 5.5B?

0 Kudos
fq13
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry, not using the appliance so I can't really comment there. But you did see my post about our 5.5B issues on Windows. Actually once the VMWare tech uninstalled vCenter and suggested a complete reinstall, he was unable to get SSO to even install. After a couple hours of him trying to troubleshoot why SSO wasn't installing, he suggested we just set up a whole new VM and do a clean install of 5.5B, which is what we did. I still kind of wish we were running 5.5.0 but it's too late now lol.

Hopefully you can get it to work.

0 Kudos