VMware Cloud Community
ralphh936
Contributor
Contributor

Annotations info bug in Vcenter 2.5 x ?

Vcenter 2.5 build 147633...update 4

when we enter info intot the Annotations box (Summery tab > 'Annotations' box > component, platform, project, vendor notes, etc fields)...later on, when we click in the left pane, intventory view, on the specific vm client, review the 'annotations' field, then move on to another vm client, we can see the same info from the last vm client's annotations box in the new vm clients annotations box (even though, in the 2nd vm there was no info entered)....

even if we run a refresh or close and open the VIC again, we can recreate the problem again. the problem is global amoung all the VIC users...I've checked the SQL back end and there are no db errors relating to legacy read/write issues nor can I find any windows or vic log info or errors relating to the issue...

if I select 'edit' the annotations box on the new or 2nd client with no info entered, the field will update with the current or correct info...

is this some kind of refresh bug? is there a fix?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Gene_H
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I am seeing the same symptoms and am running the same version: Vcenter 2.5 build 147633...update 4

I also have a blank Annotation field that I cannot update. I click "Edit" and type in the text and click "OK" but the update is not made and the annotation stays blank.

I also have a couple of servers that have text in the annotation field, but I cannot change it. Same symptom as the blank Annotation field above.

Gene

JonWeatherhead
Contributor
Contributor

Any new info on this bug?

I see the same thing happening (minus not being able to edit the notes) and I am running vCenter 2.5 build 174768.

One extra thing I notice, and I think this was alluded to, I can click through several VMs with not notes added and they all get temporarily populated with the note from the first VM. The only time this refreshes is when I click on a VM that has a different note saved. Its almost like the notes field is not refreshed unless there is actually something saved on a given VM.

0 Kudos
LatinSuD
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vSphere 4 Build 208111 and this stupid bug still not fixed...

0 Kudos