VMware Cloud Community
StefanSa
Contributor
Contributor

Always error 25036 with the installation of VC 2.5

Hi all,

I hope me can someone help i get already somewhat grey hair with the thing.

I have the here following(fresh install):

OS = Win2k3 R2 SP2, language en

DB = SQL 2005 Ent. SP2, language en

VC = 2.5

The installation always fails with the message "Product: VMware Infrastructure Management -- Error 25036.VMware VirtualCenter Server could not be installed."

I do not have spaces in the DSN name -> http://communities.vmware.com/message/832685#832685

Please someone can make Screenshots for DSN names and the DB user.

Sorry, but i am not the data base expert.

Thanks for each assistance.

Stefan

0 Kudos
5 Replies
jrenton
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Could be SQL permissioning error.

Check the account you are using in the system DSN on the VC server has DBO rights to the SQL server database.

0 Kudos
jrenton
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Could be SQL permissioning error.

Check the account you are using in the system DSN on the VC server has DBO rights to the SQL server database.

0 Kudos
StefanSa
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the hint.

Therefore it would be super, if someone Screenshots of the db user to make could.

thx

Stefan

0 Kudos
StefanSa
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the hint.

Therefore it would be super if someone Screenshots of the db user to make could.

thx

Stefan

0 Kudos
Phil_White
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Someone in another thread with this very same issue said he found something relating to the installshield scripting files in his logs. So, first I would ensure you have all of the latest Windows updates.

Next, I would follow the directions in the following link:

http://forums.support.roxio.com/lofiversion/index.php/t1129.html

Read what "The Highlander" says and give that a shot. He is telling you to delete a directory and then look at the properties for the setup.exe for VirtualCenter and see what version of the installshield scripting engine you need.

0 Kudos